Tax Specialist – Private Client
My client is looking for an experienced Personal Tax Advisor / Private Client Tax Specialist with a track record in non-resident tax, trusts and executory work.
This well-respected professional law firm is embarking upon an exciting period of change and growth in order to build upon its reputation for being best in class in their respective legal disciplines.
Reporting directly to the Head of Tax this position offers the opportunity to undertake a varied and interesting remit, providing an exceptional tax service to clients as well as providing an excellent and comprehensive in-house tax service. The successful candidate will require previous, relevant experience, preferably within a Private Client Law Firm and should ideally, but not necessarily, have gained professional tax or similar qualifications or be willing to work towards these.
• To advise individuals, businesses and trustees on income, capital gains and other tax matters.
• Managing a portfolio of clients including preparation of personal and trust tax returns; computation of tax liabilities; managing the process through to submission of tax returns, and providing tax advice for matters arising from the portfolio.
• Taking a proactive approach to managing clients and identifying their tax and legal requirements and maintain regular client contact
• To ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements
• Dealing with HMRC compliance checks, ensuring prompt and full responses
• Working with colleagues across the firm to provide assistance and support on tax matters and technically challenging tax areas.
• Providing excellent client service at all times
• Supporting the firm to achieve its strategic and commercial objectives
• Meeting financial targets in relation to the tax group
• Essential Requirements
• Experienced in the preparation of sometimes complex personal tax returns
• Excellent IT skills
• Excellent client handling skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong team working skills
• Flexible approach
• Proactive can-do attitude
Desirable – Knowledge of commercial tax software
To apply for this role and/or request further information please email your CV and contact details to Tonym@ccarecruitment.com Or Call Tony on 0141 406 6736.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Required experience: tax advisory: 3 years
Job Reference – CCA6806TMC
Salary: £35,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year
Contact – Tony McCaffery
0141 406 6736