One of the “Big 6” utilities providers contact centre estate was under-performing against service level and budget delivery.
The operational teams blamed inaccurate demand forecasts and resource plans while the resource teams blamed poor adherence to the plans.
CCA Executive were retained to provide a comprehensive review of the organisations Demand Forecasting, Resource Planning and Plan Execution and benchmarked across industry best practice.
Our recommendations included
- A simplified structure aligned to the business requirements including a 5% FTE saving in the Resource Planning team or 4fte
- Clearly defined and communicated lines of accountability
- A new governance framework for managing “on the day” delivery with effective levers and escalation processes
- Active engagement between the planning team and operations in the creation of “the plan”
- Leadership development within the R&P team and further soft skills development for the wider team